Friday, October 27, 2023

Eggplant Parmigiana 


Eggplant parmigiana is one of my most favorite things to eat!  When I make it, I make a bunch!  Here’s is how I make it (learned it from my mom):

Eggplant  (I typically buy the largest eggplant I see - I used 2 this time)



4 bottles Ragu (24 oz) approximate amount
3 pkg mozzarella (8 oz) approximate amount
5 eggs and some milk  (whip together)
Several cups of flour
Olive oil
12x9 pan – 1
8 x 5.5 pan – 2 
(can also use smaller pans to make more individual servings – this dish freezes and reheats wonderfully)

1)  Peel and slice the eggplant (about ¼” thick).

2)  roll in flour and then dip in the egg mixture (yes, do it in that order).


 

3)  fry the eggplant and drain on paper towels.

4)  Pour some Ragu (or other spaghetti sauce) on the bottom of the pan.

5)  Put a layer of eggplant on top of the sauce.
6)  Pour spaghetti sauce on top of the eggplant and then sprinkle mozzarella on top of that.

 

7)  Repeat layers until pan is full – spaghetti sauce and cheese will be the last layer.




8)  Bake at 350 until sauce bubbles and the cheese is melted and a golden color.


Note:  if you plan on freezing the eggplant, you do not need to bake it first.

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment