Monday, October 11, 2021

 

FREEZING MILK


Did you find a great deal on milk but now you don’t know what to do with it all? Then this post is for you!

I don’t use a lot of milk but I do like it in my tea. I have tried using heavy cream in my tea but it just doesn’t taste the same. The problem is that I don’t use very much milk each week. I also don’t want to spend a lot of money on buying quarts each time I need milk. So, I buy a gallon. And then I split it up into 9 pint jars and freeze. Whatever is left in the gallon, I will use that week. After that, I typically use one pint jar each week for my tea. Which means a gallon of milk will last me 9 weeks!

When freezing milk, leave some room at the top of the jar for the milk to expand a little. I use plastic tops for the jars – you can buy them at Walmart. Or, you can use the tops that come with peanut butter! They fit perfectly and it is one less thing you have to buy. That is all there is to freezing milk! When you start to run low on milk, take another jar out of the freezer and it will thaw overnight. There is no difference in the taste of the milk when it is frozen.

PS: It is helpful to have a standalone freezer as the jars will take up some space.

     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment